Please Comment

Comments make me Eternally Happy!

Friday, December 17, 2010

Stay at home mom poem.

I found this while looking at blogs.  Thought I would  share...


At seven A.M., I don't envy the mob

Who rise, shine and shower and go to the job.

In rain, sleet or storm, whether snowing or blowing,

I stay home and savor the joys of not going.



Cheers to you dears out fulfilling yourselves.

I'll bake me a cake, and I'll straighten my shelves,

I'll write some light verse and I'll practice some Bach.

If my neighbor drops in, I'll take time for a talk.



I'd rather have a family than fortune or fame;

I don't think my apron's a Red Badge of Shame.

You're welcome to banking, computers and math,

Guns, plumbing and business. I'll take a hot bath.



Art, music, letters—the good things of life

Are no less my own, since I'm mother and wife.

If I scrub, mop or dig in the garden, I'm free...

Remember, the choices were all made by me.

Helene Lewis Coffer

See you later!

Thanks for stopping by my blog. Come back anytime.